Tickford and Racing
Tickford is an off-shoot of Tickford Racing which operates as one of the largest teams in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship, and is running four Mustangs including three in-house cars with drivers Cameron Waters, Lee Holdsworth and Jack Le Brocq. All race cars and engines are engineered, developed and built at the Tickford Racing race headquarters in Melbourne with a team of almost 90 people.
Tickford racing milestones
- 2020 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship Results: P2 Drivers & P3 Team
- 2019 Ford Mustang arrives in Supercars
- 2018 The Tickford name returns to racing with the change to Tickford Racing
- 2015 Team renamed Prodrive Racing Australia
- 2014 Chaz Mostert joins and promptly delivers the team a second Bathurst 1000 win with a dominant last-to-first drive
- 2013 Team enters private ownership, and secures first win at the Bathurst 1000
- 2009 The FG Falcon debuts
- 2008 First 1-2 finish
- 2003 Ford Performance Racing is born
Now running parallel to Tickford Racing, Tickford draws on its racing heritage and engineers enhancements for a number of key Ford models. These include the Mustang, Ranger, Everest, Ranger Raptor and F150. Keeping to the core of the brands philosophy, Tickford also develop and build high performance special edition vehicles, in limited numbers, which have included the Allan Moffat-inspired Bathurst '77 Special, the TSV-535R and the HTZ-66 for the Australian Hertz rental fleet, paying homage to the 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350-H.
Tickford Automotive milestones
- 2020 Tickford TA-500 Mustang launched
- 2019 Tickford Trans-Am and F150 introduced
- 2018 Ranger Rampage introduced
- 2018 Launch of the TSV-535R Mustang
- 2017 Introduction of the Bathurst ’77 Special
- 2017 Ranger Adventure packs hit the market
- 2016 Tickford launched into the Australian market
- 2015 Tickford commences engineering and development work for Ford Mustang and Ranger
- 1820 Salmons & Sons create the first iteration of Tickford, in Newport Pagnell, UK
For a limited time only, you can save when you Power Up your Mustang, Everest or Ranger with selected Packs.
In celebration of Bathurst Week, Tickford announces the launch of the new Mustang TA-500 Performance Pack. To maximise the Ford Mustang GT’s potential and provide the best value, Tickford has created its first modular Mustang performance pack. Created with the vision to bring the very best of Tickford engineered enhancements to the Mustang, the TA-500…
Tickford and Roush announce Australian partnership and collaboration. March 13, 2020 Australian vehicle enhancement business Tickford continues its engineering-led theme with the announcement of an official partnership with Roush Engineering, based in the United States, further reinforcing both formidable brands in the Australian market. The partnership will commence with Tickford offering a variety of Roush…
It was a great privilege to meet Jason recently at the Tickford Race Centre in Melbourne to handover his new Tickford Trans-Am. Jason returned home to Queensland thereafter, taking the opportunity to drive back and explore his new car. Here is what he had to say about the car to our team: ‘I’d just like…
Tickford has long admired the history and style of the original Bullitt and will now be offering a new Tickford Bullitt Power Pack to the impressive 2018/19 Bullitt Mustang. Playing tribute to Steve McQueen’s original Mustang, Ford designers have reimagined the legendary Bullitt in classic Dark Highland Green paint, with a distinguished chrome surrounds on…
In a special partnership between Tickford and ENZED comes the creation of the Cameron Waters Signature Edition Mustang. Built with the enthusiast in mind, this ultimate muscle car has been modified and designed by Cameron Waters – from performance tuning and suspension, carbon fibre body kit to bespoke design, nothing has been overlooked.